|1st Summer Cyber Security School - Szczytno, on 10-14 July 2017
Polish Security Printing Works among the promoters of Cyber Security awareness.
Police Academy in Szczytno, together with the Ministry of the Interior and Administration, in cooperation with the Government Centre for Security, Polish Security Printing Works and Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A. held the 1 st Summer Cyber Security School under the motto “Cyber Odyssey – challenges of the 21 st century”. The course began on 10 July 2017 and is addressed to those who deal with these problems as part of protection of critical infrastructure.
The Summer Cyber Security School is an awareness initiative about the threats encountered in the cyber space that aims at encouraging discussion on these topics and working out mechanisms to respond to such attacks.
The participants of the cyber school take part in courses conducted by outstanding experts, academics and practitioners related both to security of critical infrastructure and analytical and investigative work of the law enforcement authorities. The workshop will discuss cases of diagnosed cyber attacks. Each topic is complemented with joint exercises conducted by an expert in the field to broaden the knowledge and learn Polish and international cyber security solutions.
This week, the courses take place in the Police Academy in Szczytno.
Honorary sponsors of the 1 st Cyber Security School include:
- Head of the National Security Bureau,
- Ministry of Digital Affairs,
- Minister of National Defence,
- Ministry of the Interior and Administration,
- Chief Prosecutor of Poland.
The event gathered many distinguished guests, representatives of government authorities, including:
- Ms Anna Streżyńska – Minister of Digital Affairs,
- Mr Witold Kołodziejski – President of the National Broadcasting Council,
- Mr Arkadiusz Czartoryski – Chairman of the Sejm’s Administration and Internal Affairs Committee,
- Mr Piotr Naimski – Government’s Plenipotentiary for Strategic Energy Infrastructure,
- Mr Rafał Rogala – Head of the Office for Foreigners,
- Minister Tomasz Zdzikot – Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of the Interior and Administration,
- Minister Michał Woś – Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Justice,
- Minister Bartłomiej Grabski – Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of National Defence,
as well as representatives of Police services, fire service, heads of research institutes, numerous managers of State Treasury companies, including Members of the Management Board of Polish Security Printing Works – Mr Piotr Woyciechowski and Mr Robert Malicki.
The initial day of the 1 st Summer Cyber Security School addressed the definition of current challenges in cyber security.
Photo material authored by Police Academy in Szczytno.